Meeting the shortfall of health professionals is imperative to a sustained and holistic response to public health concerns of any country. The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), a public and private initiative, addresses these concerns by strengthening training, research and policy developments to create a healthier India.
PHFI has partnered with Clinion to digitise its legacy data repositories and also modernize its data management practices including automating public health and clinical research studies.
- Different data formats and storage locations, with different stakeholders.
- Incompatible data formats, Incomplete or non-existent data dictionaries.
- Limited access to data on a timely basis.
Clinion developed the Clinical Research Data Repository (CRDR) on top of the existing eClinical platform, including a robust data dictionary with document management and custom reporting system.
- The CRDR had a robust user access system which allowed investigators and data owners to assign access rights to data and users.
- The document management system allowed archival of all documents associated with the study in one central repository.
- The custom reporting module allowed users to create custom reports and data sets for both investigational and analysis purposes.
The development of the CRDR with EDC capabilities enabled the migration of 165 closed public health and clinical research studies into the Clinical Research Data Repository (CRDR) with all associated documents and data dictionaries. The CRDR is being actively used by PHFI investigators to review past studies and conduct ongoing and new studies, serving as PHFI’s principal data repository and study platform.
Successful Study Outcomes
- The data dictionaries helped investigators and research associates at PHFI to search through archived studies and documents in the CRDR.
- The custom reports helped users quickly find the information they were looking for and create data sets from studies. This used to be almost impossible to do in the past.
- The CRDR also had a built-in user access system which allowed investigators and data owners to control access to their studies data.
- All the studies were archived in one place giving PHFI a greater degree of control over their study data than in the past.
- On-going and new studies could also be initiated using the same platform, thus obviating the need to archive them once completed.
Head of Data Management at PHFI.
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI)
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. It is helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology, while facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health. The Foundation is governed by an independent board composed of senior government officials, eminent Indian and International academic and leaders, civil society representatives and corporate leaders.
What is Clinion?
Clinion® provides EDC, CTMS, RTSM, eCOA and Document Automation as an integrated platform or as stand-alone software to flawlessly execute and deploy Phase I to IV clinical trials. Clinion uses AI and Automation to provide cutting-edge clinical trial software to the Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Medical Device industries, enabling them to accelerate trial setup and conduct and manage trials more easily with high data quality.